Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Mission Statement (or something of the sort lol)

This is something that I posted on facebook the other day, and I really wanted it to be something that people could look back on instead of getting lost on the facebook page. This topic means alot to me and I hope everyone understands where I'm coming from. Thank you guys for all the support thus far. 


"I was recently asked by a close friend what the mission statement, or goal of my blog is. This is what I came up with, and it is something that it is very important to me in relation to Electronic Music Today. I havent revised it or anything, this is just the plain and simple goal I have for EA. 

The goal I have for 'Electronic Anything' is to bring back the open-mindedness that I feel has been lost through all of the elitism and cross-genre hate that has erupted the past couple years. I cant stand to see such negativity spread throughout what it supposed to be such a positive culture. Each genre of EDM brings something special and unique to music and live shows that sets it apart from everything else. Even if its not your favorite genre or style of Electronic Music, try to appreciate everything for what it is supposed to be, and not what you would rather it be. Electronic Music has become so diverse, we really are incredibly fortunate to see music cross over into this realm of almost unlimited possibilities. Listen to something different. Look up a new genre on beatport. Always keep an open-mind :]"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any feedback/recommendations/suggestions here! Feel free to send over music submissions & demos as well.