Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Daily Update 1-22-13

Yesterday was a pretty solid day for new music, so it came as a shock to me when I found enough new releases today to make another post haha. A lot of what I found today were Album/EP releases, all of which are SO DAMN GOOD. Fuck the writing, I'll get right to the music :D


ALBUMs/EPs:

DATSIK - COLD BLOODED PT. 1
(This was probably my biggest surprise of the day. I had no idea that a new Datsik release was due out so soon, but damn I'm so happy with this release. Datsik's last Album 'Vitamin D' was a big favorite of mine when it was released. I still play Double Trouble at least a couple times a week lol. This 7 Track EP is nothing short of epic if you enjoy your dubstep nice and filthy. Here are a couple of my favorites. ENJOY!)


Datsik - Automatik




Datsik - Juicebox




Datsik & Excision - Vindicate




Datsik - Cold Blooded



INFECTED MUSHROOM - FRIENDS ON MUSHROOMS, Vol. 1
(Infected Mushroom has been a long time favorite of mine. Way back in the day when I was still a metal kid, the only electronic music you would really find on my ipod was either Pendulum or Infected Mushroom. Long story short, Infected Mushroom has a special place in my heart. And this EP, although short, is perfect. This is the perfect blending for me between the newer Infected Mushroom of the past year and a half, and the older Infected Mushroom from their live band days. Please give this EP a full listen, I posted all four tracks below. ENJOY!)

Infected Mushroom & Hope 6 - Where Do I Belong




Infected Mushroom - Bass Nipple



MANY MORE AFTER JUMP!!!!



Infected Mushroom - Astrix On Mushrooms




Infected Mushroom - Mambacore




CANDYLAND - BRING THE RAIN EP
(Candyland is a duo composed of Ethan and Josie from Santa Barbara, California. I first heard of them back in April with their sick 'Sandstorm' OG Remix and after that I was hooked. The duo deservingly won Skrillex's 'Make It Bun Dem' remix competition and now they have FINALLY released their first full EP. This EP is quite diverse; molding elements of Glitch-Hop, Electro, Dub, and more into each song. I linked my favorites below! ENJOY!)

Candyland - Get Wild




Candyland, MakO feat. Makism - All You Gotta Do




Candyland - Bring The Rain feat. Lexi Forche (Bonus Version)




Candyland, Big Chocolate - Its A Shark!




BIRDY NAM NAM - DEFIANT ORDER EP
(Birdy Nam Nam is definitely one of the highest ranking artists on my list of shows I still need to see. From the looks of their videos, they bring an energy to shows that I've noticed is sadly disappearing. The group exploded in popularity when Skrillex remixed their song 'Goin In', and now they are back with another EP! Defiant Order is a 5 track EP, containing 1 original and 4 remixes. Below I posted the Original and my favorite remix, but be sure to check out the others!!! ENJOY!)

Birdy Nam Nam - Defiant Order




Birdy Nam Nam - Defiant Order (Craze 'Get Live' Remix)




OLIVER - MECHANICAL EP
(This EP is much different than anything else I've posted thus far. Oliver brings something new and funky to music that seems to bring each some life. The upbeat, happy melodies combined with that funky disco feel definitely makes this EP dancefloor KILLER. As much as I love the high energy EDM genre's theres just nothing like the feeling you get from a funky dance song. I absolutely love this album, it might even be my favorite discovery of the day. Please listen to these tracks I linked each song below. I know you all will love it! ENJOY!)

Oliver - MYB 




Oliver - Night Is On My Mind




Oliver - Control 




Oliver - Mechanical 



OLIVER TWIZT - LET ME SEE YOU DO IT EP 
(I have been a fan of Oliver Twizt since I was obsessed with Dirty Dutch and I found his 'Just Do It' Remix a couple years back. This new EP is short but sweet. It only contains two songs, but both the original and the trap remix are equally as awesome. I honestly miss the good old Dirty Dutch days, but I'll be damned if these songs dont get a TON of plays on my computer over the coming months! ENJOY!)

Oliver Twizt - Let Me See You Do It




Oliver Twizt - Let Me See You Do It (Trap Remix) 




SINGLES:

AutoErotique & Felix Cartal - The Alarm
(I'm starting this section off with some new AutoErotique and Felix Cartal. Be prepared for a MASSIVE dancefloor killer before you play this one... This is some SERIOUS SHIT haha! #Epic)




Xilent - Boss Wave
(This one will be a sure new favorite for all you Dubstep heads, ESPECIALLY those of you who are also video game fanatics like me haha. Xilent has always brought something original to Dubstep, and this is absolutely no exception. This one is CRAYYYY! The official video is linked below! ENJOY!)



Popeska feat. Luciana - The New Kings
(Another big tune for you Dub/Electro fans! Popeska is so young to be doing the things he's doing in music. At a young age of 20 years old he is on the cusp of making it big in the scene, and deservingly so. This track is a bit different from what you would usually hear from him, but with help from Luciana's stunning vocals this is another one that will surely be on my recently played playlist for a while! ENJOY!)



Mikkas feat. Amba Shepherd - Finally
(Mikkas is an artist I feel comfortable saying will 100% be a household name by the end of this year. After already having the number one song on Beatport's Trance charts with his 'Rewind' remix, he is back with another absolutely CRUSHING tune. I cant help but get redundant in these posts because there is so much good music, but damn this one is absolutely AWESOME. Mikkas is one of my top 5 DJs to watch right now, so please do yourselves a favor and CHECK THIS OUT! ENJOY!)



Disclosure - White Noise feat. Aluna George
(For those of you that dont recognize the name, let me start off by saying Disclosure will definitely appeal to those of you who like funky/disco beats that keep your body moving. Disclosure has a big year coming up, especially in March where it is already announced they will be playing Ultra Music Festival in Miami. If you are going to Ultra and planning on seeing Disclosure, I highly recommend bringing an extra pair of dancing shoes haha. You are going to need it! ENJOY!)




Atrasolis - The Dawn Sky
(Let me start this off by saying... WOW. I have been following Atrasolis for over a year now. He is a fellow Miami native and he's by far one of the nicest guys I've had the pleasure of speaking with online. The Dawn Sky is off his BRAND NEW EP entitled 'Control Tower' which you can pick up FOR FREE on his Facebook Page. The Dawn Sky starts off very mild, but just before 1 minute in the song takes a SERIOUS turn. This is an absolutely crushing Dub track I really hope to hear more of in the future! ENJOY!)

https://soundcloud.com/dubstep/the-dawn-sky-by-atrasolis


Reso - Axion (KOAN Sound Remix)
(If you are familiar with KOAN Sound, then you know a bit more of what to expect from this song than others may. This is one of the heavier songs I have heard them produce, but I love how crunchy this song sounds. KOAN Sound is probably one of the most unique and hard to describe groups out there, so I'll just say this. If you enjoy Dub/Glitch-Hop, do yourself a favor, CHECK THIS OUT! ENJOY!)



Steve Aoki & Angger Dimas VS Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike - Phat Brahms (Cold Blank Remix)
(Cold Blank is another LONG TIME favorite of mine. How they have stayed as underground as they have since I first discovered them really is beyond me. I absolutely love every time I see them post a new song because I know I dont even have to listen to it before I download it. They murder every song they touch and this is NO EXCEPTION. If you love High-Energy Electro/House then definitely give this one a listen. ENJOY!)



DSKOTEK - Change
(DSKOTEK is a new find for me, but another one I am so glad I ended up stumbling upon. This song is an epic combination of Drumstep/Electro/Dub that just keep my head bouncing no matter how hard I try to stop! I cant wait until I can go through the rest of their soundcloud because I am sure I will find a couple other gems! ENJOY!)

https://soundcloud.com/dskotek/dskotek-change-original-mix






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any feedback/recommendations/suggestions here! Feel free to send over music submissions & demos as well.